Camper

Anything 4WD and Camping Related

Moderator: Waldorf

Redback

Camper

Post by Redback » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 am

We have a second camper that is about 800kg lighter than our old camper(soon to be on firewood duties) and we have been setting it up to be the new camper, more practical to have a lighter camper given where we go a lot of the times, I'm getting to old to be winching to get somewhere away from the herds.

So to keep the trailer within the 750kg limit, we are not adding things that will upset this plan, just adding the necessities like water tank, front storage box and moving the spare to a swing away carrier because the storage box is now where the spare used to be, most of the mentioned is done except the carrier, this is our main issue, for now the spare lives in the Amarok or the roof rack of the disco for trips.

Because of the design of the camper the usual places a carrier can go, we can't do on this camper, the beds fold out to the side and the rear tailgate is not big or strong enough and more importantly would be in the way of the kitchen and fold down beds and there's not enough clearance underneath.

I will get some pics up to show our issue, but for the meantime my idea is to have the swing away sit beside the storage box and the mount will come off the drawer bar, I'm just a bit concerned it won't be strong enough, because it will suspended out from the drawer bar when closed unlike a traditional swing away that is supported by the rear bar or tail gate or the side of the camper the frame work of the swing away is the full support suspended of the drawer bar.

Anyway I'll get some pics up soon
Cheers Baz.

2006 R1200GS.....1973 H2-A Kawasaki 750

Boxa

Re: Camper

Post by Boxa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Be interested in seeing the pics.
Dave

Image 2005 R1200GS D.L.R.A.

Redback

Re: Camper

Post by Redback » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:17 am

I'll have to take some, can't find any to show the issue, we'll be working on it again this weekend so I'll take some then.
Cheers Baz.

2006 R1200GS.....1973 H2-A Kawasaki 750