R1200GS Screen conversion to GSA

Tyres, Bikes, Services etc

Moderator: Waldorf

Redback

R1200GS Screen conversion to GSA

Post by Redback » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 am

This is for anyone that is thinking of putting the R1200GSA screen on their R1200GS, now as far as I can tell the R1200GSA screen is compatible with the R1200GS from 2004 to 2012.

Why I hear you ask, well for me it was the buffeting and I though because the GSA screen is wider(50mm each side) and taller(100mm)the buffeting would be less and as I prefer riding in the cooler months of the year, the wind chill would be less, thus making the ride more comfortable, and from my recent rides with the GSA screen it looks like it will be the case.

With the screen at it's lowest setting there is no buffeting, there is less wind around the neck area and it is quieter, I reckon this is down to the screen being wider and you don't get the wind whistling past your shoulder/neck area.

I got the GSA screen from Eagle Screens in WA, great service and fast delivery, the screen was $220 delivery was free.

The extra bracket, which I don't think would not be needed, the screen seemed pretty stable without it, if you decide you don't want the bracket, tell Eagle screens and they will not drill the top holes you will need the GSA adjuster though as the GS adjust aren't wide enough, I got mine from Alliexpress for $34 and the bracket for $57.

I like the new screen and I reckon it looks good too.

I'll get some before and after pics up ASAP
Cheers Baz.

2006 R1200GS.....1973 H2-A Kawasaki 750