My new 1090R

As Good or Better Than Riding?

Moderator: Waldorf

Wodger63

My new 1090R

Postby Wodger63 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Well after the demise of my 1190R, I need replacement and what better than a 1090R.
The old 1190R the day I got it home.

And just days before it's demise.

The new 1090R the day it arrived,

So I will post up some picture as it transforms from a new shop floor bike, to what I want it to be.
There won't be too much going on under the tank, although I do have the Rottweiler air intake off the 1190R to install at sometime in the future.

So I have no idea how to upload pictures, so click on the links to view pictures.

1coolbanana

Re: My new 1090R

Postby 1coolbanana » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Congrats :thumb:
Nice one, look forward to seeing what you do to it.

I do like the orange Alpinas on your 1190 R 8)
Cowabunga dudes .......

Wodger63

Postby Wodger63 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:01 am

Only that it was such a painful exercise last time buying the Alpina's I would do it again just for that look.
There is rim stickers available from KTM, so I will look into that at some stage in the future.

So far I have added some shorty levers.

The Super Duke pipe off my 1190R.
You can also see that I have removed the pillion pegs along with luggage mounts.

And in this pic you can see the Aprilia mirrors, KTM Power Parts Hand guards and the Radguard radiator guard.

So I'm currently installing the B&B bash plate but things came to a halt yesterday as the supplied bolts are too long, so I'm waiting this morning for the bolt shop to open.
I did cut them to length but then the thread is to short and they won't seat.
I don't know what you call the smooth part between the bolt head and the thread but that is what's preventing the bolt from threading all the way in.
I will get some smick allen head bolts today instead of what looks like coach bolts that are supplied by B&B.
Should be done by lunch time providing my feet/ankles hold up, still suffering from yesterdays effort in the shed.

Please excuse my messy shed but after being out of action the last 2 months after the accident, things have got a little out of hand.
With the arrival of the new bike I have got straight into it when normally everything would have be put away before I started.
Last edited by Wodger63 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wodger63

Postby Wodger63 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 am

So this where I'm up to.
Completed fitting the Bash Plate this morning once I got the correct length bolts.
Waiting on some bits from Rottweiler Performance so I can remove the SAS and the charcoal canister, I also have the dealer supplied Uni Filter kit to go in.
Couple of things you can't see in the pictures is the (bad fuel) dongle which I kept from the 1190 and charging lead which comes out near the right foot peg, it doubles as a power source for my compressor.
So here it is.

1coolbanana

Postby 1coolbanana » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 am

Very nice mate.... 8)
Glad you touched up the scratches in the can :lol:
Cowabunga dudes .......

Wodger63

Postby Wodger63 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 am

1coolbanana wrote:Very nice mate.... 8)
Glad you touched up the scratches in the can :lol:

Had a mate who wouldn't shut up about it. :wave:

nevgriff64

Postby nevgriff64 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Congrats on the new bike mate.

Wodger63

Postby Wodger63 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:54 pm

So just a bit of an update.
Did the SAS and charcoal canister delete and added the Rottweiler fuel dongles.
After some experimentation with velocity stacks, 2 X 80mm Rottweiler TVS, 1 X 80mm with a 1 x 40mm Rottweiler TVS, I have reverted back to the OEM stacks, 1 X 120 mm and a 100 mm velocity stacks.
This seems to work best, I was experiencing a flat spot at 5000 rpm with the other combo's which was very pronounced in the higher gears.
So for the foreseeable future I will be sticking with the OEM air box, velocity stacks and Uni Filter kit.
I have also fitted the MC Cruise cruise control, what an awesome bit of kit, makes you wonder why you have never done it before, love it.
Bought the PP single seat and a Altrider pillion luggage plate, although the PP seat is comfy, it's a bit too grippy for off road, I prefer my Seat Concepts carbon covered high for off road.
Lastly, I have installed a heavier spring, up to a 19 kg from the OEM 180 nm, have not had a chance to ride it yet but it sits up better in the rear end, where as before it would sag too much compared to the front.

Return to “Bike Builds”