*1Coolbananas 990 R

As Good or Better Than Riding?

Moderator: Waldorf

Whitey
Site Admin

Re: 1Coolbananas 990 R

Postby Whitey » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:56 pm

UHF ?... honestly man, if you want to talk to me on a motorcycle, you have to slap me in the back of my head and gesture for me to pull over.

Don't laugh... it works ! :lol:
Graham
'08 KLR650, '16 CRF1000L
My Pics

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Whitey wrote:UHF ?... honestly man, if you want to talk to me on a motorcycle, you have to slap me in the back of my head and gesture for me to pull over.

Don't laugh... it works ! :lol:

I shelled out for a new radio, but now have no-one to talk to

Those with them sold them, or discarded their helmet connections

Very disappointing - I've seriously never even been able to try it out, except in a restaurant where I got the waitress to go inside with my old spare handset and read out the specials board - we were sitting on the veranda, and didn't feel like getting up ...

1coolbanana

Postby 1coolbanana » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Well, I use mine pretty much every ride and find it invaluable.

Shame youve never had a chance to really try in out, really makes an awesome difference, BUT, they have to work properly otherwise they are more a pain than anything.
For the most part.....Awesome in those dusty condition where you might stay 1k apart :thumb:
Cowabunga dudes .......

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 pm

1coolbanana wrote:Well, I use mine pretty much every ride and find it invaluable.

Shame youve never had a chance to really try in out, really makes an awesome difference, BUT, they have to work properly otherwise they are more a pain than anything.
For the most part.....Awesome in those dusty condition where you might stay 1k apart :thumb:

I agree - and we used to use them routinely - very good for warning followers about hazards / oncoming vehicles / etc

And this new one should be a lot better than the dodgy handset I had been using

I was actually intending to set up some sort of external antenna system along the lines that you have on your 990 - looks really good - [notwithstanding recent issue] - but it seems as though others from the mob down here have largely gone away from radios - may be a slightly different group also - anyway, no-one to talk to ...

darren

Postby darren » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm

I wouldn't be able to use a voice activated one as all around would get talking, singing, puffing and swearing
I'm not a team player..

Keep Taking Money

1coolbanana

Postby 1coolbanana » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Been through a set of fuel pump filters in the first 15k klms from crappy fuel so installed new filters and a reverse purge module which wasnt altogether successful as it failed early in its life and Ive now also fitted the fuel filler sock filters.
These are rather rudimentary and crude but should help significantly and Im really counting on not having any more fuel pump or filter issues.
These are from the Vendor on adv "gugglemonster" in Italy and these are zero micron filters, also cleanable.

Contrary to what I was told, they DO make it take a lot longer to fill the tanks as you would expect but only having to do it once a day or every 700k's, its no biggy.

I will make some more appropriate neck collars that fit better when I get the right plastic or maybe alloy for the job.
Between the purge module and these filters Im expecting no more fuel issues.
Fingers crossed. :D
Cowabunga dudes .......

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:03 pm

So what don't you like about the filter as delivered.?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
I might ride like crap, but I'm having fun, I think

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

1coolbanana

Postby 1coolbanana » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:13 pm

The filter itself could be MUCH longer, its only 8 inches long, could have been twice that for nearly $100 a pair, would have improved longevity and fuel filling speed.
The plastic neck, he actually hacked the end off with a box cutter on the bonnet of his car (so he told me) so it would fit into the 20mm max height envelope :lolno: :shock:

Yeah, yeah, I know, Im too fussy :?
Cowabunga dudes .......

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:23 pm

No not fussy mate,just high standards.
iirc I made my filter neck adaptors about 55mm long, but having issues with them sealing atm.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
I might ride like crap, but I'm having fun, I think

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

1coolbanana

Postby 1coolbanana » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:34 pm

Out of what plastic or aluminium or SS?
Cowabunga dudes .......

Return to “Bike Builds”