Operation Strom

As Good or Better Than Riding?

Moderator: Waldorf

DustyWheels

Re: Operation Strom

Postby DustyWheels » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 pm

steve wrote:Nice frames. Sorry for the thread jack.

Any chance you could tell me what size ally bar on the barkbusters Mudrat?

do you mean the Atv Bars or something else ???
I might ride like crap, but I'm having fun, I think

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

steve

Postby steve » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:16 pm

The backbone of the barkbusters.

Want to know what size flat bar to use so I can put the storm plastics on.

Thanks.

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:42 am

no problem

20mm x 10mm

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Well the replacement Zumo 550 cradle and power cable finally arrived today, its only taken 3 weeks :mad: but I digress, while I had the screen off I took the opportunity to redo the Zumo cradle mount. My original set up used to vibrate badly so hopefully this set up will work better.

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

stretch

Postby stretch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Ya, Muddy, i like the look of the Barrett system, can u tell me if its a cut and shut jobbie or the full system is replaced and just slips onto the header pipes. I guess it cuts out the Cat?
Any probs fitting it (yours being the test mule was easy to overcome anything there and then.
Are u happy with it, any loss in low end or mid range ( doesnt show any on the dyno) but seat of the pants can feel diff to dyno charts.
Cheers
Stretch

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:50 am

stretch wrote:Hi Ya, Muddy, i like the look of the Barrett system, can u tell me if its a cut and shut jobbie or the full system is replaced and just slips onto the header pipes. I guess it cuts out the Cat?
Any probs fitting it (yours being the test mule was easy to overcome anything there and then.
Are u happy with it, any loss in low end or mid range ( doesnt show any on the dyno) but seat of the pants can feel diff to dyno charts.
Cheers
Stretch

Hi Stretch, Pm Sent

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:13 pm

With the Aust.. Dollars still high I took the opportunity to get a Richland's Fork Brace, not much too them really, but from all accounts helps to stop flex and improve steering precision when cornering.

although it came with fitting instructions it's that easier a child could do it

5 minutes later job done

A quick test ride around the local streets and it did feel a little more precise, but we'll see how it goes at highway speeds.

Brace may even come in handy when it time to mount a high guard :think:

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 pm

With the Bright ride not far away, spent the last day or too in the shed. Tinkering

Replaced the standard single seal wheel bearing with double seal bearings, while I had wheels replacing the tyres. The K60's have done pretty close to 7000 ks and I was a bit doubtful of them surviving the 2000 odd ks I will cover while away, plus I notice on my last ride they had worn very flat across the tyre. Still a bit of life left in them, so will put them back on one day and finish them off

IIRC tread depth was about 12mm when new, down to about 5mm know

Notice the front has started to "feather" a bit too, bit still plenty of life left in it.

For a replacement tyre thought I'd give the Shinko (Yokohama) E-705 "trail masters" a go,

These are similar/copy of the ever popular Tourance, although one thing I did notice when comparing the two tyres in the shop the groove in the tourance have straight side while the 705's are vee shaped.
tread depth is 9mm @ the centre, so will be interesting to see where there at when I get back
Cost me $325 fitted and balance so will interesting to see how they go.

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

DustyWheels

Postby DustyWheels » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:52 pm

One off the advantages off gatherings like Bright is checking out everyones Mods and Accessories.
Id been on the lookout for a adjustable clutch lever for sometime, but most I had seen where way over priced.
I have smallish hands and find the standard clutch lever just a bit of a stretch, which on long technical rides means my fingers/ wrist tend to fatigue after a while.
Anyway checking out one of the Tasmanian strommers bikes and low a behold, Ride it adjustable clutch and brake levers, and priced @ $99 USD for the double adjust. model and with the Oz dollar at parity what was I to do ::)

http://www.rideitmoto.com/index.php

certainly packaged well

although they're made in China, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality for the price

fitting was pretty easy and I took the opportunity to lube the clutch cable and give everything a bit of a clean up while I had everything apart

they pretty dam good on the bike and and on the middle setting (3) are pretty much perfect

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -

Spyrious

Postby Spyrious » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Very nice modifications!!!

Return to “Bike Builds”