Kilcoy to Penrith

Moderator: Waldorf

Sydney Rider

Kilcoy to Penrith

Postby Sydney Rider » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Attached is the start of the MapSource for this trip.

This is for viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1815

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dingo Expeditions

Re: Kilcoy to Penrith

Postby Dingo Expeditions » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi Tony.

Worked for me on Garmin Road Trip program on the Mac. Brilliant :thumb:

Dingo

Sydney Rider

Re: Kilcoy to Penrith

Postby Sydney Rider » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Dingo,

So if you have the time.... :)

There is still a lot of the route/track unmapped ( by hand as I have done ) but there are some markers in there to help fill in more of the details.

I just got back from a couple of weeks away where I had hoped to do some of this route but I had too much on the bike to do it by myself but I am keen to see what this route looks like sometime next year ( I want to add a few more trails like the dirt out of Grafton*** ) so with a completed route there might be some interest in a long ride.

Maybe the proposed 'MIDWAY SOCIAL NSW-QLD 12th March Upper Horton...' on ADVRider could see some of the route being tested.

Tony

*** The old tunnel at Dalmorton is situated approximately 120km east of Glen Innes down the famous Old Grafton Road. The road was built primarily by contractors and the work was completed in c. 1873. The tunnel itself was constructed c. 1866-68 by contractors. It might have been hand hewn, however it was predominantly blasted with ‘black powder’ and trimmed with hand tools. A scenic drive is well worth the visit and there are many areas for picnics and camping. The road follows the beautiful Boyd River for about 35km along a dirt road. For more information on the Old Grafton Road and the Tunnel, contact the Glen Innes Visitor Centre.

Return to “New South Wales”