Say Hi and Tell Us about Yourself

Moderator: Waldorf

Pradozer

Post by Pradozer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:25 am

Hi All
Just a short introduction from a new member. I have recently acquired a new DR650 and hope to get back into some adventure riding after a period of 16 years without a bike. Last ride was a XR600 that at every opportunity wanted to throw me off and do damage to myself and ego. It really had nothing to do with how fast I was going or how bad the terrain. A little older (approaching retirement) and wiser I have decided to seek adventure on something more refined and sedate. So the choice of vehicle came down to cost, purpose and if it could lug my fat ass around without expiring miles from home. The first ride on the DR, after 16 years in exile, had all my expectations confirmed and didn't take long to realise my limitations.

As I reside in Port Macquarie I really don't have to venture far to probably the best riding area in NSW. 10 minutes from home and you are into the bush with some of the best, still accessible tracks on the North Coast. If anyone is in the same or similar situation (slow old fart) and wishes to enjoy a day or weekend ride I would welcome any like minded company.

Regards Pradozer.

1coolbanana

Re: New member

Post by 1coolbanana » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:05 am

Welcome mate :wave:
Im sure the DR will serve you well and feel free to join in on any rides.

Hasnt been a lot going on with all the crap weather weve had lately but hopefully things will be settling down soon and will start picking up again. :thumb:
Cowabunga dudes .......