Another one from Lake Macquarie..

Say Hi and Tell Us about Yourself

Moderator: Waldorf

Out6ack

Another one from Lake Macquarie..

Post by Out6ack » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 am

G'day all,
I bought a 2010 Super Tenere just before Christmas after always having enduro bikes. (My god the thing is effing huge!) I guess I must be getting lazier as I get older 'cause dragging myself and my bike up some slippery horrible rutted hillclimb deep in the watagan's just didn't seem as much fun as it used to..
I wanted to do some big km's & ride where I could see the landscape and the rural views all around me most of the time instead of being deep in a forest gully if you know what I mean. I'd still love to have my old 450exc for aggressive riding, but I'm not rich enough to own both unfortunately. Looking at some of the pics of the ride reports on this forum just has me nodding my head. Beautiful open countryside, big wide gravel roads, big km's under the wheels. Tick, Tick, Tick.
And cold beer afterwards. (Tick x2..)
I'm slowly getting the bike set up with bashplate, crashbars etc as well as getting a bit of camping gear together. Trying to buy decent quality stuff, not crap, so slowly slowly.
I gotta say, the bike just feels so weird to me after only riding enduro bikes, with the big fairing up forward of the triple clamps and of course the huge weight and bulk of it. Even after a 35km dirt road between St Albans and Wollombi where I tried to get up over the bars and wring it's neck through the bends, I gotta admit, the big super tenere (super tanker?) has still got me a bit psyched out.
Anyway, I live at Toronto, Lake Macquarie, I'm a family man with a couple kids in high school (who LOVE the bike) and work and fair bit of OT, but if anyone in my area doesn't mind a newbie tagging along, it'd be great to join you guys on some of these awesome rides you are doing. The ones with wide gravel roads, not horrible bloody hillclimbs!
Cheers, Jay.

1coolbanana

Re: Another one from Lake Macquarie..

Post by 1coolbanana » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:01 pm

G'day Jay :wave:
Welcome.
I hear where youre coming from :thumb:
Time to smell the roses eh!!!
Nice bike, if you want to do some nice scenic dirt road cruising, youre on a great bike for that.
Check out the ride section, theres often stuff happening.
Im heading to Cowra on Saturday for an overnight stay, coming back Sunday, get packed and come along :thumb:
Cheers
Cowabunga dudes .......

darren

Post by darren » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Welcome mate,
I has similar thoughts, but now i'm not sure..
I'm not a team player..

Keep Taking Money

Hoots

Post by Hoots » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 pm

G'day

The S10s have a big following down here - lots of people love them, and put them to pretty hard use

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:01 am

Welcome jay,

The big bikes really come into their own on long, free flowing tracks. You just need to find one and let the S10 lift her skirt up and go.
You'll come home with a new found appreciation. Trust me on this ! :thumb:
Graham
'08 KLR650

Out6ack

Post by Out6ack » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:34 am

Thanks for the welcome fellas.
Keen to get out and do some rides on the big slug. I actually do like it a lot as I can see it's gonna be perfect for country touring. I've just never had anything to do with big bikes before so it might just take me a while to gel with it. To be honest, I prob just need to get it filthy & stack it a cupla times to find the limits. Hopefully without financial or physical consequences..
It'd never been off road until I bought it, so it's a bit ah, pretty at the moment. It's still got road-ish tyres on it too -Tourances or something. *I also need a headlight protector if anyone can help?*
1CB, I've got a crew coming round on Sunday for a bbq & beer appreciation day so Cowra is out for me this time unfortunately. Saturday I'm gonna try to convert the wife to bike touring by visiting a few hunter valley wineries. I may need some occy straps after a couple tho..:boozer: :crazy:
Thanx again and have a Bonza Aussie day long wkend.
Cheers, Jay.

1coolbanana

Post by 1coolbanana » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:56 am

Out6ack wrote: I may need some occy straps after a couple tho..:boozer: :crazy:
Velcro works wonder :lol:
Cowabunga dudes .......

Out6ack

Post by Out6ack » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Or is it all in how you ahem, mount them? :D
rps20150121_124055.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1coolbanana

Post by 1coolbanana » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Nice one :thumb:
Looks all setup and ready to rock!
Im sure youll be happy :D
Cowabunga dudes .......

DustyWheels

Post by DustyWheels » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Will send Nd you a pm next time I'm heading out for a ride,but working a 7 day roster it's usually mid week

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
I might ride like crap, but I'm having fun, I think

2010 KTM 690 Enduro
2012 KTM 990 -