Planning an adventure leads me here

Say Hi and Tell Us about Yourself

Moderator: Waldorf

roostmaster500

Planning an adventure leads me here

Postby roostmaster500 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi all Im Scott,
I found this site while googling pics for an upcoming ride Im planning, I found the post & theme of this site very interesting so joined to see what / where & how other people ride. Also I suppose to be around like minded people, to be honest, people without bikes usually bore me.
Im in rural Darwin, my rides are 1 x 2015 ktm 500 exc, 2 x 2002 CRE500's and a old 1986 CR500 war horse.
The Kato is my first 4 stroke and I got it for adventure riding so my Hondas can now become garage queens.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

1coolbanana

Re: Planning an adventure leads me here

Postby 1coolbanana » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:20 pm

G'day Scott :wave:
Welcome to ORE.
They are some mean 500's youve got there :thumb:
Probably not too many from that neck of the woods but were all happy to have a chin wag anyway :D
Cheers
Cowabunga dudes .......

Whitey
Site Admin

Postby Whitey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Welcome Scott. :wave:
Wouldn't mind seeing some pics or ride reports from up your way. Pretty soggy this time of year I imagine.
Graham
'08 KLR650, '16 CRF1000L
My Pics

roostmaster500

Postby roostmaster500 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome, yeh I kind of feel like I dont fit in here, but from my experience of riding 500's for 25 years I dont really fit in anywhere haha.
Ive been really interested in the big adventure bikes for a while now, I hired a BMW1200 in Cape Town Sth Africa last year and took it for an adventure, wow pretty cool but not really my cup of tea, to big and heavy for me so I went with the kato 500 exc back in Oz.
To be honest Im more of a lurker, really enjoy seeing other peoples rides and ride report posts especially from Southern Oz, as I have been in the NT all my life.
Cheers

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:28 pm

roostmaster500 wrote:Thanks for the welcome, yeh I kind of feel like I dont fit in here, but from my experience of riding 500's for 25 years I dont really fit in anywhere haha.
Ive been really interested in the big adventure bikes for a while now, I hired a BMW1200 in Cape Town Sth Africa last year and took it for an adventure, wow pretty cool but not really my cup of tea, to big and heavy for me so I went with the kato 500 exc back in Oz.
To be honest Im more of a lurker, really enjoy seeing other peoples rides and ride report posts especially from Southern Oz, as I have been in the NT all my life.
Cheers

You say you got the 500EXC for adventure riding - how do you find it handles that? - how do you work around the short service (oil change) interval?

Return to “Introductions”