New bike - new adventures await

Your bike related images and videos

Moderator: Waldorf

gco0307

New bike - new adventures await

Post by gco0307 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Well, I have been bikeless for around the last 18 months following my altercation with a washed away firetrail and some rocks (RIP DR) and having decided to take a break for a while until the itch started to rise again (which it did 8 or so months back)

So, knowing how good the Weestrom had been when I owned on back around 2006 - 2009 and having test ridden one of the new breed in 2014 I had the distinct preference of another and had a definite leaning to the XT variant as I do like the spoke wheels. But before any decision was to be made it was research what else was around within the price bracket and see if there was another bike that just may have grabbed the attention .......... the answer was no and so it was back to the Stom.

Anyhow, now being on holidays I had time to make phone calls, sh*t myself a little as to how much to spend, more phone calls and to simply get ideas, and so it was that today I put down a deposit on an MY16 Metallic Silver XT for what I would say is a pretty good price given what some wanted for other like machines

Now I could have had the bike before easter but had friends coming up so chose to delay delivery as I needed to clear some space in the shed and get myself organised a little (I decided to buy at 12:30 on the Thursday before easter - not much time to get new boots and what not)

And so, last week I took delivery

I do enjoy seeing low mileage when I collect a machine - this is after the short ride home

She now has just over 100kms but that is only because I am waiting on an RJays top box (good past experiences) into which I can place my camera for the obligatory photo opportunities

Ah well, then will follow ride reports while I become re-acquainted to this riding game

Gaz

darren

Re: New bike - new adventures await

Post by darren » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 am

Looks great mate
I'm not a team player..

Keep Taking Money

1coolbanana

Post by 1coolbanana » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 am

Good onya mate, congrats on the new bike :thumb:

Hard to beat a Strom for value and bang for buck :D

Just ask V-Chops, I think hes approaching 200,000 trouble free k's on his! :shock: :dance:
Cowabunga dudes .......

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am

Good to hear from you again Gaz, and good to see you back on two wheels. The XT Strom looks pretty damn fine, although that one is a little too clean. :)
I look forward to some RR's. You still out Dubbo way ?
Graham
'08 KLR650

gco0307

Post by gco0307 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Yeah Whitey, still just outside of Dubvegas and quite glad to be back on two wheel myself.

Planning on a few rides but starting on the sealed stuff before heading bush and will definitely be doing some RR's (afterall, I do enjoy taking pics and talking) :D

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:19 am

gco0307 wrote: (afterall, I do enjoy taking pics and talking) :D
:lol:
Graham
'08 KLR650