Close to home

Your bike related images and videos

Moderator: Waldorf

tripodtiger

Close to home

Post by tripodtiger » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:45 am

Thought I'd kick something off for us to reveal what lays close to home.
The start of this first bit is about 400m by road and 50m in a straight line. And it runs up behind all the neighbours' house.

Over the other side of the hill, the track ends/starts near a museum. So it's turn around and ride back up the hill.

I managed to get the gopro properly positioned on the lid, and these were the first efforts. :thumb:

Show us your local tracks, eh?

Whitey
Site Admin

Re: Close to home

Post by Whitey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 am

Nice idea for a thread Ray. I'll have to throw the camera on and go for a ride.

Oh, I liked the verbal instructions you gave to your bike in the 2nd vid. Does that actually work ? :lol:
Graham
'08 KLR650

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm surprised at how clearly the camera picked up the voice! I'm externalising, blaming the bike when it's me that got the line wrong. Might be embarrassing in revealing how poorly I plan ahead and get baulked.

I think it should be an instruction, to me, to turn my head and get my eyes off the ground in front of me. :mad: - before I get halfway around the corner.
I did a couple more, but one is a file over 1Gb in size. Don't understand why it is nearly 5 times the size, I don't think it is that much longer. Whatever.

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

SCray wrote: I did a couple more, but one is a file over 1Gb in size. Don't understand why it is nearly 5 times the size, I don't think it is that much longer. Whatever.
I'm guessing you have a GO-Pro HD camera. They have a tendency to bounce around inside their housing, which can result in settings being changed when the button makes contact with the housing. Sometimes they even switch off. You may find that it has magically switched to full 1080P resolution - hence the gigantic file size.
Graham
'08 KLR650

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Whitey wrote: They have a tendency to bounce around inside their housing,
Guessed correct. That may also explain the persistent knock sound that it really evident. Still, it's a good gadget - I got plenty of video to post up over the next few days, but not much 'close to home'

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:44 am

Pack the camera in the housing with some foam. Problem solved ! :D

and yes, they are a good gadget. I have both the non-HD and the HD versions. Haven't shot much with the new one yet, but the video quality is awesome. Just need to get out there now and shoot something.
Graham
'08 KLR650

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Dobbo's longcut is a route out of Wagga, to the east. It starts at the edge of Lake Albert & runs around the southern side of Forest Hill and the airport.

Mundario Rd is the Old Hume Highway cutting out the Tarcutta interchange between the Hume & Sturt Hwys. The video runs from west to east ie Sturt Hwy to Hume Hwy via Deltroit Rd.

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Just finished uploading this one, taken from my helmet camera (der!) of a couple of hours Dobbo & I spent playing on erosion mounds close to home.

I recorded in 1080p but uploaded in standard? definition. But I had so much fun there was plenty of times that I pulled up laughing. Dobbo had to check that I was okay a couple of times. I was just having a ball! :thumb:

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Geez, another one. I'll be outdoing edog at this rate.

Nah. He knows what he's doing.

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 am

Good vid Scray.
Why haven't I heard of Coppabella Forest ??? Looks like a nice place to get lost on a sunny day. :thumb:
Graham
'08 KLR650