How ya Travelling?

Off Topic Rambling and All Your Whingen and Bitchin

Moderator: Waldorf

Deanoh

How ya Travelling?

Postby Deanoh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Just wondering how everyone is fairing in the current weather situation. We have been lucky enough not to have lost power and water at all. Hope everyone is safe and the weather eases up soon so we can do the clean up and get some riding in. :thumb:

darren

Re: How ya Travelling?

Postby darren » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:14 pm

I was flooded in yesterday and could just make it across the causeway today. The creek through my place had taken out the flood gates but all in all it hasn't been too bad. We didn't get the winds here so that helped.
A lot of people copped a lot worse and there was a bad smash just down from work this arvo with a couple killed.
Its going to take a while to get over this
I'm not a team player..

Keep Taking Money

1coolbanana

Postby 1coolbanana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:46 pm

All flooded out around here but nowhere near as bad as some.
Wasnt too bad until this morning about 6.30am I was cleaning up some flood water out back before going to work, slipped and fell down a flight of wet timber stairs in the pissing down rain, fek me that hurt :shock:
Been getting stuck in to the pain killers and resisting the wifes nagging about going to the quack or hospital.
Apart from that.....fine :wtf:
Cowabunga dudes .......

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:52 pm

1coolbanana wrote:All flooded out around here but nowhere near as bad as some.
Wasnt too bad until this morning about 6.30am I was cleaning up some flood water out back before going to work, slipped and fell down a flight of wet timber stairs in the pissing down rain, fek me that hurt :shock:
Been getting stuck in to the pain killers and resisting the wifes nagging about going to the quack or hospital.
Apart from that.....fine :wtf:

The whole scenario looks horrendous on the news - some astonishing footage

We're only a couple of hours away, and absolutely nothing

Hopefully the worst is over now

Ando14

Postby Ando14 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:52 am

We've just got the power back on this morning, been off since Monday night. We didn't have any mobile/internet service either so the phone towers must've been out too. The house sprung a couple of minor leaks but apart from that all is ok. Looking forward to a hot shower!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madrus

Postby madrus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:50 am

The cloud made it out here, north nor west NSW. Luckily only intermittent drizzling rain.
The flooding is bad enough (we scored 2 massive floods within 6 weeks of each other back in 2012) but cyclonic winds aswell, would be frightening.
Hope all affected recover soon.
Regards Russ.
Team Blue- '04 WR450F & 2010 XT660Z (Tankere)

Out6ack

Postby Out6ack » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Still no power here Deano.

Lovin it!

The Webber's been getting a workout getting through the defrosted meat. The ice machine in Day St has been getting a workout too keeping my esky full of cold meat, milk and bourbon+coke. The family have basically moved in to the (powered up) inlaws, and the place has never been quieter (apart from the constant noise of chainsaws..) Daily papers, bike mags, car mags and mobile internet is all the entertainment I need and a quick cold shower never hurt anyone. Just as well too cause the word is it will prob be at least Tuesday before we get power again. Suits me.
I think they call it 'Glamping'.. :thumb:

Return to “Off Topic”