TapTalk.

Off Topic Rambling and All Your Whingen and Bitchin

Moderator: Waldorf

Whitey
Site Admin

Re: TapTalk.

Postby Whitey » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Ock, those messages come from Tapatalk, not the forum owners.

Tapatalk is installed on the offroadexplorer server because many folk who access forums from phones and tablets prefer the Tapatalk interface. When somebody accesses the forum from a smartphone or tablet, Tapatalk will pop up a message to advise that Tapatalk is available. More recently, they have added a messaging function and are now advising users of that. Annoying for sure if you have no interest in using Tapatalk, but that's the marketing world we live in these days. :(
Graham
'08 KLR650, '16 CRF1000L
My Pics

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 am

Ockerstrom wrote:To more important things though... do you know anyone selling a Trials bike??
Or even someone who has one I can have a bit of a ride on?

You could certainly have a ride on mine if you had any reason to be down this way

I've got a Sherco 250ST, and just love it

I realised recently that if I could have only one bike from here on in it would be the little trials bike - hard to explain why it's so much fun, and so rewarding - once you get a few of the basic trials principles reasonably well mastered, all the intermediate and advanced stuff suddenly seems attainable and very exciting

I've also started (just) carrying some of it over to the WR450 - a different way of approaching things - much harder to do it on an enduro, but because you have a feel for what you're trying to do you can persevere a bit

I'd recommend a trials bike to anyone - I don't know how functional the electric ones are now, but that would also be an option for those who live in urban / semi-urban areas

The vids from the Western District Trials Club are sensational - both trials and their cross-training series:

Trials - http://www.wdtc.org.au/how-to-ride-trials.htm

Cross-Training - http://crosstrainingenduro.com/cross-tr ... niques.htm

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Ockerstrom wrote:
Nice. :yo:

One of those, or a Beta 250 perhaps...

But the only one in my price range that is of interest is down in bloody Victoria... and I haven't had a chance to get back down to visit family and friends, if I could get there I'd probably come back with it.

I'm going to try to get out to Pacific Park on the weekend (20 mins from home :wink: ), they have trials events there and The Hell Team are based out there I think as well.

Anyway, since selling my Wee-Strom last week I have a pocket full of cash waiting for the right bargain to appear. :thumb:

The Hell Team are in Artarmon I think - I bought a helmet from them, and that's where it was shipped from

Re' used bikes - you've seen this site?

http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewforu ... 25&start=0

For Sale items as well as Wanted to Buy

The Australian importer for Sherco is in Canberra, so that was the smart choice for me - I've been told that Beta and Sherco are both pretty low maintenance, but some of the other brands (incl. Gas Gas) need more tinkering - I'm not into tinkering, but you might be ...

The NSW Trials Championships are at Pacific Park on May 3rd - good event to watch if you want to get inspired - I'll try and get up there - actually I'll probably make a separate post about it closer to the day

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 am

Ockerstrom wrote:I think the Hell Team have a shop at PP and possibly sell bikes from there. :think:

I think I will be away at the Stromtrooper Annual Gathering on that weekend.

I joined TrialsAustralia a few days ago and have been checking the forum out.

Beta has been starting to get my interest over my original TY 175/250 idea.

Now the Sherco is coming in to the mix, more research to do I think. :crazy:

Started a new trails/crosstraining thread in Bikes: viewtopic.php?f=20&p=25755#p25755

darren

Postby darren » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Back on tap talk, it tells me i am banned from this site and takes about 4 goes to get on with my ph and it won't on an an iPad. If anyone has any tips or alternatives I'm interested
I'm not a team player..

Keep Taking Money

Ando14

Postby Ando14 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Apparently I'm banned too Darren but it seems to work after two goes. Maybe try deleting the app and reloading it? Also check that you have the latest Apple iOS, sometimes that fixes the weird glitches Mr. Apple likes to throw at us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darren

Postby darren » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:26 pm

I have done both of those mate
I have nothing...
I'm not a team player..

Keep Taking Money

Ando14

Postby Ando14 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:18 pm

That's the limit of my IT knowledge, other than turning it off and on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitey
Site Admin

Postby Whitey » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 am

I get that same message about being banned. It lets me login though.

I'll try upgrading the Tapatalk software tonight. It's a couple of versions behind at the moment.
Graham
'08 KLR650, '16 CRF1000L
My Pics

Return to “Off Topic”