EatSleepRIDE App

Tech and Reviews

Moderator: Waldorf

chef

EatSleepRIDE App

Post by chef » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi all,

Firstly I must add I'm in no way associated with the company of this App... I am merely sharing my find.

I bit of mucking around and I have discovered a fairly new App for those who have a smartphone. It was released in December 2012 and claims to be to the most advanced and comprehensive App for motorcycle riders. It records your ride, route, speed, elevation and lean angle. Visualise your ride data and share your ride with other users, you can trim the start and end points to maintain privacy.

This App ( EatSleepRIDE) costs $2.99 and also offers an IN-APP purchase called CRASHLIGHT ($9.49, for a year subscription). It automatically detects a motorcycle accident and notifies a pre-set contact if in the event you are in an accident. The website claims it "uses the accelerometer, gyroscope and GPS technology in the smartphone, combined with a software algorithm to detect a crash. A bit technical for me, but I have tested by throwing and dropping the phone, and does not trigger a crash alert.

I used it for the first time yesterday on a ride I did to Wisemans Ferry. I can see it will have its pros/cons and I still have a lot of playing around with it to really work this App out, but I'm having fun doing so, and thought I would share this with you all...

I did do a false alert (test button) and a cancellation on the activation (gives you 3 minutes to do so) at Wisemans Ferry Inn and below is a picture of the alert via email. Note: I wasn't there at 10.12pm, I can only gather its a overseas APP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I never get lost... people are always telling me where to go!

Paul

1coolbanana

Re: EatSleepRIDE App

Post by 1coolbanana » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Nice find, let us know how you go and what you think of it after youve got a bit more time with it :thumb:
Cowabunga dudes .......

chef

Re: EatSleepRIDE App

Post by chef » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 am

I've had to delete this app for now as it seemed to chew my data allowance quicker than I can chew a dry weetbix, even when the app was not open or pending on the start up bar on the Iphone. I will deal with this problem and ask the guys I know that use it in Canada when I get the time to do so.... Ill keep you all posted!

Has anyone else installed this app? and found this issue?
I never get lost... people are always telling me where to go!

Paul