This looks interesting! CCM GP450 adventure

General chat about Adventure Riding

Moderator: Waldorf

DR Pikey

This looks interesting! CCM GP450 adventure

Postby DR Pikey » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 am

Anyone know anything about this brand/bike?
From specs looks to be the ducks guts!

http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/gp450.asp#.Uw-WAHgayc0

Hoots

Re: This looks interesting! CCM GP450 adventure

Postby Hoots » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 am

DR Pikey wrote:Anyone know anything about this brand/bike?
From specs looks to be the ducks guts!

http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com/gp450.asp#.Uw-WAHgayc0

I don't know anything about it (other than what's in the various You-Tube vids) but it does look intriguing ...

Detuned BMW G450X motor / Tractive suspension / 130kg dry weight ...

Lots of accessories ...

Apparently coming to Australia, but who knows when ...

Sherman

Postby Sherman » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:25 pm

G'Day DRPikey,

A bit late I know but the CCMbike you show is the GPS450 - The company CCM, is from Bolton in UK and is a family run firm that has been contracted to, and making motocycles for the military for a lot of years and has now been able to break out of its limitations and put this little wonder on the market. Your right also in that it is a BMW engine bolted into a lightweight alloy bonded frame which makes it tougher than anything else on the market but lighter.

Other than that I can't help with much - but press reports in the UK suggest it is a 'cracker' of a machine that's ready made to hit Dakar without any other mods (mechanical wise that is). Hope it comes here, it would be worth a look.

Cheers
Sherman

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Sherman wrote:G'Day DRPikey,

A bit late I know but the CCMbike you show is the GPS450 - The company CCM, is from Bolton in UK and is a family run firm that has been contracted to, and making motocycles for the military for a lot of years and has now been able to break out of its limitations and put this little wonder on the market. Your right also in that it is a BMW engine bolted into a lightweight alloy bonded frame which makes it tougher than anything else on the market but lighter.

Other than that I can't help with much - but press reports in the UK suggest it is a 'cracker' of a machine that's ready made to hit Dakar without any other mods (mechanical wise that is). Hope it comes here, it would be worth a look.

Cheers
Sherman

Think they might be getting a bit of flack for sticking to the narrow 5-speed enduro gearbox ...

Sherman

Postby Sherman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm

...not sure about narrow ratios - I'm not a guru on that - they may have stayed with the original military design requirements, but I've no idea. need to talk to the people who ride it - one persons perception of it may not be an issue to others - the specs say there are sprocket changes

Sherman

Hoots

Postby Hoots » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Ockerstrom wrote:Read this (and plenty more threads/comments on ADVrider about them).

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/c ... re.891505/

5 speed per se isn't necessarily an issue

But this gearbox is I think straight out of BMW's G450X - [as is the motor] - it's a narrow enduro gearbox

Bit restrictive really

Solution from Rally Raid (UK): http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/ccm ... io-gearbox

Return to “General Chat”