Road closures

General chat about Adventure Riding

Moderator: Waldorf

roverfj1200

Road closures

Postby roverfj1200 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Gidday to you all.

You may see this getting around on FB but I want to reach as many people as I can. It is time we all started to push back when gates are locked and roads closed. On my own I am nothing but with help we are unbeatable.

I need help to draft letter to the ministers and a little legal advice and or experienced words. Anyone who sends a email of support will have my full respect in the use of their support.

Here i the post from FB

***** Important information about road closures******

The Officer in charge of the Jimna area rang me today concerning "Borgan road". The section of the road that runs through Yabba state forest is "Management access" and has been closed for sometime to vehicular traffic. The reason given is for the "Safety of the leasee".

I have made it clear to the officer that I am a interested party and wish to gain access to the forest for recreational purposes. She is adamant the she will not be swayed with her decision.

I am going to contact the Ministers and make some noises about this as I feel it is not in the public interest to shut a forest for one persons use.

My question to you all is are you with me. Will you put your name to a letter to the minister. Will you email them with your personal concerns. Will you sign a petition. The lease on the forest is a grazing one and still has several years to go.

I am off riding across this great land in 2 weeks time and will have limited time to spend on this but I have a email address I haven't used for sometime and could use it for this purpose
imaocka@gmail.com
If you are willing to put your name and email address in a letter to the minister then please email me and I will have a letter drafted and get the ball rolling.

1coolbanana

Re: Road closures

Postby 1coolbanana » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Im happy to sign the petition :thumb:

Where exactly is Borgan Road?
Cowabunga dudes .......

roverfj1200

Re: Road closures

Postby roverfj1200 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Borgan rd Jimna runs through Yabba state forest. It's the forest section that is restricted to vehicles.

Return to “General Chat”