New Gloves & Jackets (Summer)

For You and Your Bike

Moderator: Waldorf

Redback

New Gloves & Jackets (Summer)

Post by Redback » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:36 am

Yesterday we went summer Jacket shopping for the girls, women's jackets are not really all that good compared to Men's especially if you want an all rounds ADV style jacket with proper ventilation(ie)more than two vents, so the girls got summer style vented jackets where the whole front and back is vented, IXON Pitrace Textile Jackets.

For me my Motodry Adventure Jacket is perfect winter or summer, so I just needed summer gloves, my 30yr old Shift MotoX gloves don't have a lot of protection and are ,well, past their used by date.

After trying on just about every make of gloves there are, and going to 5 different stores I settled on the FIVE RS5 Air Black, great fit and they have this small Tab that you can grab to pull them on, gloves are quite expensive nowadays and FIVE are up there in the high priced bracket.
Cheers Baz.

2006 R1200GS.....1973 H2-A Kawasaki 750

Andrew2

Re: New Gloves & Jackets (Summer)

Post by Andrew2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Good luck with them Baz. I've always had Dririder Air Ride gloves that last me for years but couldn't find anyone who stocks them locally to try on so I paid more for a pair of Five summer gloves. 12 months later and they were stuffed. Worn through the fingers so I bought another 2 pairs of Dri riders on line. A lot of people pay out Dri rider but I've always had a good run with them. I still wear the first model Rallycross jacket when I, ahem, can't fit in my RST :lol:

Boxa

Post by Boxa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Im looking round at jackets ATM. Just too many to choose from. :ne_nau:

Ive got a Dryrider Nordic winter and Motodry Summer. They are both 7 years old and have held up well.

The Dryrider has had the most use and shows it, the thermal lining isnt as thermal as it used to be and the collar is pretty well worn out, but thats about it. Even with the lining out and the vents open its too hot for much over 25 deg. Cost was $250 I think.

The Summer one is faded pretty bad and just feels pretty cheap, ya can take out the water proof lining but then its not nice to wear next to ya skin like with just a T shirt on. Cost $100.

Im pretty cheap, as are most BM riders, so am looking at the $250 range again. Not sure of brand or style. AMX seem to have some heavily discounted jackets, might have to go have a look.

I was looking at some long distance youtube posts and one of the guys said that he uses a 3 seasons jacket rather than a winter one and wears a warm layer under it so when ya get off ya still got something warm on. My winter jacket ya dont/didnt need anything warm under it till it gets down to single digits so when ya get off and take ya jacket off and realize how cold it is and start looking for another layer to put on.

https://www.amxsuperstores.com.au/index ... r=3&page=&
Dave

Image 2005 R1200GS D.L.R.A.

Andrew2

Post by Andrew2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:28 pm

My Rallycross is very ventilated which is great in summer so in winter I wear a wet weather jacket over the top. It keeps the wind out and is much better than the inner liner at keeping me warm. If you wear it inside the jacket the wind still gets through the jacket and makes the wet weather jacket cold against your body.

Redback

Post by Redback » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 am

I love my Motodry Advent Tour jacket, great in winter and rain, lots of ventilation for summer with both liners out and the bonus with the inner waterproof liner it's designed to fit over the jacket, so if it's out when it starts raining you just throw it on over the jacket, oh and it has a hydration pocket in the back for a hydration bladder :thumb:

And $279 on special from Sydney City Motorcycles, I can't complain :D

Helmet warehoust has them on special for $297 normally $350
Cheers Baz.

2006 R1200GS.....1973 H2-A Kawasaki 750