Moderator: Waldorf

Burgo650

klim info pls

Post by Burgo650 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Anyone using the Klim Traverse jacket n pant combo

Just after ur feedback as I'm interested in maybe buying some

I would like to know:

How it handles the heavy rain ? Is it really 100% waterproof

In the cold, what temp does it keep u warm until you need to add fleece layers?

In the hot, does it vent well to cool you down

Thanks
Burgo

Whitey
Site Admin

Re: klim info pls

Post by Whitey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:19 am

I have the jacket only.

100% waterproof... yes indeed. I've worn it in full-on downpours without a problem. You don't need any additional wet weather gear.

No armour, so you need a compression suit if you want any impact protection. That's fine by me, I prefer it that way.

Venting is pretty good, although it gets uncomfortable when the temp gets up to 30 deg or so. The black material and the compression suit don't help here I imagine.

This is not a cold weather jacket. Jacket + compression suit + fleecy pullover will get you through winter.

Because it's not a bulky jacket, it can be used for other stuff. I wore mine snow skiing this year. :)

I'm happy with mine, and would buy another.
Graham
'08 KLR650

Burgo650

Post by Burgo650 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:58 am

Thanks whitey, that's what I was hoping to hear

Cheers

katgirl

Post by katgirl » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:51 am

Hey burgo. I used the combo traverse jacket and pants on the Apc rally and we had everything from 40 degrees to less than zero degrees and snow. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. I wore 3 layers of merino under jacket and was so warm whilst others were clearly freezing. When it was hot all the vents were open and allowed the air to cycle thru. When it was pouring with rain I was dry. The only thing that hurt was where the jacket and pants didn't cover (face, hands and feet). Worthwhile investment so much so I bought SMick400 a set and he also loves it.

Kat

Burgo650

Post by Burgo650 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Awesome news kat. Thanks

madrus

Post by madrus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:05 am

On the subject of Klim equipment, who's using or tried the mojave, baja or dakar pants. Out here in the north west of NSW it's mainly warm when you ride. I'm interested in some riding pants with ventilation, as any MX pants I've worn are like wrapping yourself in gladwrap :roll:
Regards Russ.
Team Blue- '04 WR450F & 2010 XT660Z (Tankere)

1coolbanana

Post by 1coolbanana » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 am

Ive got Dakar over boot pants I use in the summer and Ive got no complaints.
Well ventilated and not too hot, no worse than anything else Ive tried.
Not waterproof though, ok for light showers but thats about it.
Im using Traverse pants for the long hauls, wet and winter, they are completely waterproof and also great ventilation when it warms up.
Cowabunga dudes .......

Hoots

Post by Hoots » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

madrus wrote:On the subject of Klim equipment, who's using or tried the mojave, baja or dakar pants. Out here in the north west of NSW it's mainly warm when you ride. I'm interested in some riding pants with ventilation, as any MX pants I've worn are like wrapping yourself in gladwrap :roll:
I've got Mojaves and Dakars - the Mojave is insanely well ventilated - and quite rigid material, so stays away from your body a bit as well - very cool summer pants - I found I needed to wear hiking over-pants for the morning chill - they are also very big sizes - I had to send a pair back to Adv Moto and get the next size down ...

I've also got some well ventilated Fox MX pants that are quite cool in summer - cooler than the Dakars, which are more 3-season pants - there are well-ventilated summer MX pants out there, if that's what you prefer ...