trail tech vapour speedo

For You and Your Bike

Moderator: Waldorf

Mick

trail tech vapour speedo

Post by Mick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 pm

last weekend i installed my trailtech vapour and to be honest i am thrilled with it
it provides me with way more info than i want or need (always a good thing) except maybe the max speed reading it keeps :whistle::shifty::whistle:
the one thing that has annoyed me with it is the temp sensor and the back light
the back light turns itself off after 20minutes of inactivity but as soon as you turn the bike off the temp starts to drop so the light does not go off until 20 minutes after the bike has cooled down
but hey its not going to flatten the battery so its not really an issue
As Always Keep Having Fun

Mick

2012 Suzuki DR650 SE

Gazuki

Re: trail tech vapour speedo

Post by Gazuki » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey Mick,

Yeah they are awesome hey. It was one of the first mods I did to the DR as I didnt like the idea of not having a temp sensor, or not knowing my revs.

The only problem ive had with mine was the Odometer started at 19,999km real early afet insstalation and hasnt changed, but other than that im realy happy.

For the price I dont know why they dont come out stock with them like the DRZ??

Let me know what your odometer dose, if it dose the same ok.
\
Cheers,
Gary

Mick

Post by Mick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 pm

my odo has been fine started at 0 (i would contact there tech support see if there is a problem or a fix for that)
the speedo is accurate according to the gps
i think the tach is accurate sitting at about 1250 - 1300 for the most part but with out the know how to test it i will just assume its right till told otherwise (might get it tested when i get it serviced next)

Mick

2012 Suzuki DR650 SE

john950

Post by john950 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm

My odo was fine until reached 999.9 then wouldnt go over 1000?,zeroed itself back twice now,they are a great unit and last well but sometimes cut out speedo wise in very heavy rain.

plindz

Post by plindz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Been running one of these for awhile - great unit, only thing not hooked up is the temp sensor. Gives more than enough info.
Just fitted the Vapour Dashboard to the WR project. Just need to work out how to "plug" it in. :think:
AJP PR7 - New Toy :dance:
WR450 - Rallye Adventure - been and gawn :crazy:
BMW F800gs - long term latte bike :chair:
BMW F800GS - project bike work in progress :pray:

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm

i cant help you there i decided not to go with the dash so haven't had to rewire any of those lights it shouldn't be too hard just a matter of hooking up the right wires to the new lights maybe label all the wires with electrical tape or something before you start if you are really unsure what to do also google for a wiring diagram for your bike and that should tell you the colours and what is what

Mick

2012 Suzuki DR650 SE

one67

Post by one67 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 pm

john950 wrote:My odo was fine until reached 999.9 then wouldnt go over 1000?,zeroed itself back twice now,they are a great unit and last well but sometimes cut out speedo wise in very heavy rain.
Mine did that too, turns out the plugs arn't really water tight.

Pull the plug ,fill with silicone grease, clip it back together, laughing.