Airhawk Seat

For You and Your Bike

Moderator: Waldorf

Aussie Sasquatch

Re: Airhawk Seat

Post by Aussie Sasquatch » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:47 pm

You do need to find the right one for your model of steed, if you have trialled it without the right one, then you're likely to find it awkward or not feeling right. Likewise, you have to have the right air pressure in it, when I got mine I definitely had it over inflated, which meant that initially it got in the way, felt very strange and I was in all honesty about to flog it to someone else. Thankfully one of my riding buddies also had one and was experienced with it and pointed out that I had it over inflated as well as positioned wrong on the seat (too far back in my case). With some adjustments, it is now on the bike for anything more than a quick lap. Initially once I found the sweet spot, I thought it was grossly under inflated, however a few rides proved that it was right for me and I can now stretch out to a few hundred kilometers more now.

The main advice is to place it in a few different positions on the seat and at different inflations, mine feels almost flat. Ride and adjust. Definitely money well spent though.

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:13 am

I've got one for the 690.
I've got one for the Tig.
Laura has one on her SRV.

Laura's has a puncture that the patch hasn't been able to seal - it leaks along the heat press lines I suspect. But it will stay up for several days, so not a great drama.
I had one tear at the base of teh valve stem. I suspect I may have jagged it with my boot one time.

I've bought mine via Aussie Biker. They've been good. I stuffed up an order and they offerred to sort it out. I decided that, since it was my stuff up and just get the 3rd one and save a bit of air seat juggling.

I also throw a sheep skin over the top of it, on the 690 definitely.

plindz

Post by plindz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanx for the feedback - I have bought the "Small Cruiser Model" which suits/recommended for the 800gs.

The low BMW Seat is "scooped" out to make it lower by about 20mm. The Airhawk follows this contour. When seated the air goes to the front and/or rear of the seat and tends to put a bit of pressure on the giggleberrys (not that this is a bad thing). :biggrin:

The whole (Airhawk) seat just seems too long

I'll keep muckin' around with position and air pressure - if all else fails - sold :thumb:

See ya
AJP PR7 - New Toy :dance:
WR450 - Rallye Adventure - been and gawn :crazy:
BMW F800gs - long term latte bike :chair:
BMW F800GS - project bike work in progress :pray:

mark1957

Post by mark1957 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Part of the trick I think is to sit in the middle of it so that the air goes to the front AND the back.
Then it's a matter of getting the pressure right, it's surprising how low the pressure actually needs to be.
My favourite trail is the one I haven't been on yet

2005 KTM 625sxc

micq

Post by micq » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Took your advice Mark1957 & ordered an air hawk , it was here when I got home from work today so I'm trying it out on my office chair ,