Presure suit or Armour for 'normal' riding???

For You and Your Bike

Moderator: Waldorf

Sydney Rider

Re: Presure suit or Armour for 'normal' riding???

Post by Sydney Rider » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 pm

1CB,

Yes that is it - MAS had it for $169 and it was the only thing that fitted ( and I just got it home and tried it on and my wife thinks that it fits well so this is good confirmation ).

Added: Just looked around and the first thing I found was http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/ ... Armor.aspx as a review and most seemed positive.

Tony

Sydney Rider

Post by Sydney Rider » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:23 pm

All,

Well I had one more thing to add to this that I thought people might find interesting...

I tried to order the armour from Zacspeed but it seems that you can't if the delivery address is in Australia but you can if the delivery address is in the US. Here in Australia you have to get it from a retailer so I call up one ( and well known/big one ) and they don't have it in stock but for a deposit 'that should be refundable' they will order one in for me and I can come to their shop ( a round trip of more than 2 hours for me ) to try it - if it doesn't fit then I should be able to get my deposit back.

But the interesting thing is that they are going to order it direct from Zacspeed ( Exotec SP-3 - $260.00 AUD for US buyers on the web ) and they are going to charge me $325 AUD for it......

I emailed Zacspeed and pointed out the insanity of having to pay someone to order it ( the guys I would have bought off said that they never would have had one in stock and always order in these sorts of things - their website only 'shows what can be ordered' ) and Zacspeeds response was impressive... silence.

So in a nutshell I wanted something from an Australian company that a US buyer could get for $260AUD but I had to pay a retailer who was essentially drop-shipping the product $325 for the same thing with no added benefit to myself and a risk of not getting my deposit back.

It's not a lot of money but it does make me mad to think that this sort of thing happens.

And I thought about the warranty situation ( and such ) but realistically they would have said 'ship it to us and we will ship it to the manufacturer' which would have simply added time and money to what should have been an easy task so there would have been little benefit to me going through the retailer.

Tony

1coolbanana

Post by 1coolbanana » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Sadly, this sounds like quite a common practice :(
It sucks and theres basically nothing we can do about it
Cowabunga dudes .......

Whitey
Site Admin

Post by Whitey » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Overpriced and not in stock... the Aussie distributor's catch cry. :?
Graham
'08 KLR650

snarley

Post by snarley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Sorry to stray off topic, but there not the only company trying to stop US to Oz imports. Just try getting any KTM parts wkthout a US address..

Jaqhama

Post by Jaqhama » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:40 pm

At the end of the day it's the companies in Oz losing out.

Easy to order from the US. Just get a US address via a US mail forwarding agent.

http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/aff/new_lan ... bwod6wfeoQ

http://www.usa2me.com/?gclid=CLSZ-LLPiaYCFQrhbgodMRVenw

http://www.usabox.us/what-is-a-mail-for ... bwod42WNng

Lots more I expect.

KTM are dumb if they think they can stop Oz folk ordering KTM stuff from anywhere else in the world. :fitz:

tripodtiger

Post by tripodtiger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:35 am

Back on topic.

I found out you don't have to be going 'quick' to break your collarbone. :mad:

5km/h, on a muddy 4wd rut and the front just stopped. Not certain if I got the tyre jammed sideways or what. Irrelevant anyway. I was on the pegs and fell on my left shoulder. I was wearing my Dry Rider RallyCross with a shoulder cup.

No one at the hospital believed me when I told them I was doing 5 kay.

And I don't know why I didn't manage to get my foot down, either? :problem:

I'll be in the market for something sturdier. I like the look of the Zacspeed 'cause it seems to join the front and rear, over the shoulder. Theoretically spreading any impact load over a larger area.

Every other time I've fallen over, it's been a sliding impact. This time I just landed flat. Physics tells us that we should hit the ground at the same vertical velocity. Maybe the rotation around the point of impact, consequent from horizontal velocity, tends to spread impact loads too?

Anyway, I can see me taking 10 minutes to get the pretective gear on in future - boots, knee guards, body protection, neck brace, helmet, wrist braces, then gloves and jacket. Shheeeesh. :crazy:

stretch

Post by stretch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am

I just bought one of these for $80 from http://www.s3performance.com.au. Fits really well even under my vented Dryrider jacket with the armour removed. Delivered from Melbourne in 2 days. Bargain.
Ooops the pics didnt copy over. Check the website they have 2 styles.
Stretch

Adult Body Armour for Motocross & Enduro [BA01]

The S3 Performance Body Armour has been designed to offer maximum protection. Designed by Motocross and Enduro riders, the body armour features collarbone protection and additional rib protection not commonly found on competing brands. The body armour collorbone straps are a welcome addition to anyone who has suffered a serious high side. The chest plates curve further around the side of the body armour to protect the ribs. This extra side protection helps to prevent the all-too-common breaking of the bottom rib.

Features
- Quality body stocking
- Underplate padding for comfort and impact absorption
- Chest plate with additional rib protection
- Collarbone protection
- Shoulder & upper arm armour
- Elbow & forearm armour
- Full spine protection
- Integrated kidney belt

Size chart Size Chest (cm) Waist (cm)
S 102-106 81-85
M 107-111 86-90
L 112-114 91-97
XL 115-118 98-105
XXL 118-121 105-115
XXXL 122-125 115-122

Available Options:
Size:

Adult Body Armour for Motocross & Enduro
Adult Body Armour for Motocross & Enduro

KiLleR

Post by KiLleR » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:27 pm

hey guys, when i wrote off the old KLR I was wearing a 661 or 616 whqatever it is siut thing. It saved me, not a scratch. A small bruise on the knee was it. I landed on my elbow, back and shoulder. I weigh 100kg, the ground was sorrier than me.
I'm not sure if it's a pressure suit. It zips up the front and has forearm, back elbow and shoulder guards, cost me 150 at team moto Blacktown. Hope this helps.