Tents

For You and Your Bike

Moderator: Waldorf

lewisw

Postby lewisw » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:19 am

I have the Black Wolf Mantis 1 as well. One of the prime aspects of this tent is that it is VERY light weight. WEight and everything to do with your camping gear is critical to me when off road. You can load your bike up so much that it handles like a pig, or by careful withe the weight thing and have a real blast in the dirt.
Great tip on the thermal blanket under the tent to preserve it a bit.

Miss Jane

Postby Miss Jane » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Try snow pegs for use in sand, they are quite effective.

We use any combination of light weight tent (good quality 4 season so it will stand up in any weather and we get a good nights sleep.), Blackdiamond Megamid and bivi bags if necessary, hootchi and bivi bags or if the weather is good we don't bother with the bivi bags. All options are light weight and pack up small. Generally we only use the tent if there are insects and/or leaches about, sucks trying to get to sleep with mosis buzzing in your ear and I hate the thought of leeches but once they are on me I don't mind! :?: Hoochis are very adaptable and would tie from bike to tree or bike to bike, it my favorite at the moment.

Beerdead

Postby Beerdead » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Attach the guy to the middle of the peg then bury it horizontal to the pull of the guy.

BootsTwin

Re: Tents

Postby BootsTwin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:58 pm

The plastic sand pegs are a bit bulky but low weight. You could tape some onto the bars if you were short on space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Accessories and Clothing”